ANZAHPE 2017 – Australian and New Zealand Association of Health Professional Educators Conference, Tuesday 11th to Friday 14th July 2017, Adelaide Convention Centre.
The Australian & New Zealand Association for Health Professional Educators (ANZAHPE) is the peak organisation for practitioners involved in the education and training of health professionals in Australia and New Zealand. ANZAHPE (pronounced as "anza-pee") is comprised of clinicians, academic educators and students, and supports and advances education in the health care professions. For further information see http://www.anzahpe.org/
Each year ANZAHPE holds a conference, which in 2017 will be at the Adelaide Convention Centre, from July 11th to 14th.
For full information on the conference go to http://www.anzahpeconference.com.au/
This year, ANZAHPE are seeking up to 45 student volunteers to assist with the conference on the days of Wed 12th to Friday 14th July.
Students from any health profession are eligible to apply for the role. This includes (but not restricted to) health sciences, medicine, nursing, dentistry, physiotherapy, psychology, occupational therapy and veterinary medicine.
Students who are interested in the way in which health professionals are trained, how they learn, and how they educate themselves and others, are invited to apply for a role as a volunteer. Students who have undertaken projects in teaching, learning and health professional education are especially invited to apply, but if you have not had the opportunity to conduct such research or studies yet, but would like to, you are still definitely eligible to apply.
You must be enrolled at the University of Adelaide, Flinders University or the University of South Australia and must be an undergraduate student or a postgraduate student who has not yet completed their qualification to become a health professional.
The roles of student volunteers will include:
- Directional assistance – helping delegates locate session rooms
- Question & answer in plenary sessions (roving microphone runner)
- Social media (tweeting, interviewing conference attendees, FB posts)
- Social media (assisting delegates who need help with Twitter, FB,etc)
- Session room monitoring – reporting any issues to the conference management staff
- Engaging with conference attendees, especially those unfamiliar with Adelaide
The benefits for volunteers will include:
- Free attendance to the conference on the day you volunteer, and ability to attend sessions
- A student get together after one of the days of the conference, date TBC
- Free morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea on the day you volunteer
- A valuable experience to add to your CV
If you would like to apply for one of the volunteer roles, please complete the surveymonkey application form, by June 1st 2017. If you have any queries, please contact Professor Anna Chur-Hansen, Head of the School of Psychology at the University of Adelaide. Professor Chur-Hansen is coordinating student volunteers for ANZAHPE on behalf of the Conference Organising Committee.
Her email is email@example.com Applicants will be notified of the outcome, via email, the week commencing June 12th, 2017.